Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sick



Finally the flu bug got the best of me. Finally my 18 months streak for having taking MC only once due to food poisoning has been put to the test once again. Why do I say so? It pays not to fall sick from where I am working at. $250 cash is what I get if I dont take more than a day MC for consecutive 6 months.

So here I am resting at home and working at the same time clearing my emails from work. Apart from work and rest, I managed to caught 2 movies which I know Kim will not sit by my side and watch since by her standards the movie would be gruesome and bloody. 30 Days Of Night and Saw IV certainly had enough blood and gore to split the guts of anyone.

30 Days Of Night is one of the better vampire movies I have watched thus far. I am a sucker for vampire movies, from Bram Stoker's Dracula to John Carpenters Vampires to From Dusk Till Dawn starring George Clooney, 30 Days Of Night is a worst nightmare for any vampires movie with 30 days straight without sunlight, pits human against vampires. Why I didnt think of that? Put a group of vampires that doesnt speak English in 30 days straight without sunlight eating up humans for dinner and supper.

Saw IV sees the return of Jigsaw Killer. If you've watched Saw throughtout Saw III, you would have known that Jigsaw Killer met his demise in the previous installment.However not before he pulls of his last bag of trick. And what's neat with all the installments are that each and every movie has its stunning ending. A twist which I believe is so much better than M Night Shyamalan's twists. Not bad for a movie that started off by a Malaysian by the name of James Wan.

As for me, I hope to get rid of this flu bug soon.





No comments: