Thursday, July 17, 2008

Warranty


It certainly sucks if you have a new handphone that is faulty and the worst of all is that, you didnt know what hit you and the manufacturer will not cover this damage despite this being a brand new phone.

This is exactly what happened to my friend's handphone. Recently he bought his W960i Sony Erricson phone. I knew about it as I remembered him showing me the handphone. Its cool though since before I got my HTC Touch Dual, W960i was my top choice of phone I wanted to get.

Anyway fast forward to present time, suprise suprise the phone is out of commision. Reason being, the screen cracked. Yes you heard me right. The screen cracked. Initially we thought that a physical blow or undue pressure on the phone could have resulted in this crack. But the crack happened from within. One of the suspicion is that the x ray machine in airport could have wrecked the screen. But only God knows.

So he sent it to the service center and guess what they said. Faulty screen, not covered in warranty. So please pay >$200 to replace the screen. What the fuck!! This is unbeliavable. But it's kinda amazing how unfriendly this buggers can be. Its not like the screen cracked from outside. It cracked inside.

If you ask me, I wouldn't know how to crack a screen from within on a phone. Please show me Mr Smart Alec from service center, how to crack a screen from within the phone and leave everything else intact without a scratch?

Anyway, the sum was paid and life goes back to normal. Welcome to the cruel world. A world where having a warranty doesnt guarantee you a damn thing.







No comments: