Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tonkatsu


I had the pleasure to try out this restaurant that specializes in tonkatsu. The name of this restaurant is Tonkichi. Visited their outlet in Suntec City.

After looking through the menu, I finally decided to settle for Hire & Rosu Katsu. Kim took the Yokubari set. Apart from that, I ordered their potato croquet as well just for comparison with Kim's croquet.



Above as you can see is a bowl of sesame seeds. What one needs to do is to pound on the sesame seeds as hard as you can, to release the fragrant smell and taste of the seeds. Subsequently this will be poured into the sauce of the food served.



My Hire & Rosu Katsu set is delicious but I had expected more. Although the skin is crisp, however cant help feeling the meat is a tad too dry and tough.



Kim's Yokubari set meanwhile is a hit. All the ingredients in that set dinner alone will make one drool for more. The oyster just oozes out of the crisp filling as soon as you take your first bite. Heaven.



Finally the croquet was fine, but maybe I have grown accustomed to Kim's croquet instead.

Will I go to this restaurant again? Well as long as someone is treating me next time round, why not?





No comments: