Tuesday, July 29, 2008

7 Month



One would be forgiven if the 1st thing that runs through their mind is that the food packs above are for food rationing for a period of 7 months. Logically speaking the amount of food inside would not be enough for 1 week, let alone 7 months!!

But you cant blame a non local for thinking so. It says 7 month package. And if you looked inside the box, one will find all sort of canned foods. So that what Kim thought initially.

So I said No. You got it all wrong. This is not meant for our consumption. Its for the upcoming 7th Month Ghost Festival. I believe the Gates of Hell will open this Friday if my memory served me right. So here you have it. Aren't we Chinese such a unique brand of people? Selling food for spirits offering in a supermarket. I believe for foreigners, this certainly would be an eye opener.
.

No comments: