Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Debat-E


I believe most blogs and most papers in Malaysia will dedicate a space to comment on "Debat" between the man himself Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim (DSAI) and Shabery Chik, as DSAI put it, ex Semangat 46 man.

To be fair to Shabery he did hold himself well. Now for the negative comments. I think he resorted to attacking Anwar's personality rather than the issue at hand. He didnt answer the question by Siasah editor Zulkifli Sulong, on the government’s claim that the RM4 billion saved from the March 2006 fuel hike to be spent on improving public transport.which so far only RM834.7 million was spent. This time however, the government can save RM13 billion. So where is this money all gone. I appreciate it if any MPs from Pakatan Rakyat bring this up in Parliment again. Where is the money?

Shame on UUM vice-chancellor Dr Nordin Kardi. Using the question time to take potshots on DSAI. I am relieved that I didnt accepted an offer to study in UUM after my STPM results and opted for NUS instead. I dont think I will regard highly a person that conducts himself in that manner in a live debate on TV.

Shabery also chose to attack DSAI on his past sins. You know what? Wake up BN. You guys are still stuck in some time warp. I spoke to my cousin this morning and we both felt that DSAI suggestions for reduction is very layman and exactly what Malaysia might need in this tough times.
DSAI did started off slow. I think his old machine needs abit of cranking before going on accelerated mode. I was so looking forward to this debate that I tried adjusting my internal antenna from left to right just to get the best quality of sound and picture of the debate.

And I am more inclined to use Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) when discussing on purchasing power of the people rather than using sketchy figures like inflation figure like what Shabery tried to do. That also I believe is a sham since goverment has recently said they will review the methodology of Consumer Price Index (CPI) to reflect a better picture. How accurate are the figures then?

Purchasing power parity (PPP) conversion factors take into account differences in the relative prices of goods and services—particularly non-tradables—and therefore provide a better overall measure of the real value of output produced by an economy compared to other economies.

So there you have it. Who is the winner? DSAI lah...no doubt about that.
And thanks to AgendaDaily too for organising this great event. I be interested to know the statistics on how many glued to TV to watch the debate? Any numbers anyone?










No comments: