Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Korean Food


Its time to sample Korean food again in Singapore. Lets check out this restaurant Ju Shin Jung located at West Coast Highway. To those residing on the east, there is another outlet located at East Coast Parkway.

A point to note, unlike other Korean restaurants, one needs to pay for the towel and water and tea provided. So the 2 of us actually paid $2.00 for this. If I had known, out goes the towel and tea. Thats what I usually do at chinese restaurants.



Anyway Kim went for the Galbitang, the lunch set priced at $9.90. I did taste some of it, it was just okay for me. It didnt made me all excited. The taste was sweet, and the meat was tender. It was okay for the price.


I opted for Samgetang. I still miss the delicious chicken soup I had back in Korea. I know its kinda unfair for me to benchmark the taste of this samgetang with the one from Korea. Anyway again, another run on the mill offering from the restaurant. The chicken was huge. Its kinda odd because usually smaller chickens are used. The soup was sweet but not that thick.



As for the side dishes, nothing great to shout about. Its again a decent offering. However I did ordered a total of 3 times for one of the side dishes. The kimchi was not ferment enough though.

Overall I would come again but not for the ala carte though. Might try the buffett charcoal BBQ. So I better find a reason starting today to see what occasion is best suited to appease my craving for the meat BBQ.

P/S: Kim had a very bad food stomach ache after that. We suspect it could had been the galbitang. But I guess we'll never know whats the cause for it.










No comments: