Friday, August 8, 2008

Badminton



I had been playing badminton ever since I was young. What still sticks through my mind till today is the memory of me playing badminton in my home using a wooden racquet. I still remember I was sick and my Dad was edging me to play badminton to sweat it out with the hope that it will reduce my temperature. I gotta thanked my Dad for departing his badminton skills to me. Till today I still enjoy a game of badminton anytime anyday.

Recently I had a session with my friend on Thurs night. I dont remember what happened, but it seems like both our racquets clashed. The following 2 weeks, he brought his racquet for me to see. Wow, bye bye racquet. Due to the impact of both racquets, his racquet gave way. Well he was using the brand Apacs. Badminton enthusiasts out there would have heard of this brand before. Supposedly a clone to Yonex racquet. They are even selling this racquets in some states in Johor for RM100 for 2. The catch is that you need to buy 2. I really take my hats off with the makers of this racquets.Look at the bright side, if you broke one, you still had another to play with.

Anyway, I am using a free racquet to play. Flymax, a racquet I found it in one of the badminton halls I was playing many many years ago. Apart from that I have 2 other Yonex racquets which I bought ages ago. Anyway I am not too particular about racquets. As long as it suits my grip, the tension of the string is fine and the weight of the racquet is suitable, I'm okay with using it.

Back to Apacs, thats the difference in quality. If you pay more for brands like Yonex, its unlikely you get a crack and it lasts longer. Thats what we call quality. But then again it depends what sort of quality and feel one's looking for.






No comments: