Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gatesminton

If you're a badminton fan like I am, you would be glad to know that Bill Gates is officially in the club. Yesterday as I was watching the match between Indonesian Sonny Dwi Koncoro going up against Thailand's Bongsak Ponsana, suprise suprise who I say on telly. Yes, you have it, Mr Bill Gates. He was seen enjoying the game. So I called my Dad did he spot Bill Gates on tv, my Dad said no. However today's newspaper reports confirms my sightings that my eyes werent playing trick on me. The article below was lifted from Xinhua news agency. Maybe we will be seeing some badminton related IT wacky gizmos or gadgets in the near future by Microsoft?

BEIJING -- Bill Gates watched badminton matches at the ongoing Olympic Games here on Monday morning, and joked he was a badminton player.Gates, founder of Microsoft and once the richest man in the world, said the competitions were "great" and he was impressed. When asked if he had been a badminton player, he replied with smiles "I became one."He wrote "badminton is great" and signed his name at the Badminton World Federation's signature book.The matches in the Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium on Monday morning were between the world top men's singles, women's singles and women's doubles players, in which the defending Olympic women's doubles champion Yang Wei and Zhang Jiewen were ousted early in the quarterfinals.





.

No comments: