Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Soldout


I wanted to blog about Coldplay since last year to be honest. However some how I didnt bring myself to write something about Chris and his band. Then I wanted to blog about how they will win the Grammys in Grammy Awards of 2009. Again I missed that opportunity. Again when Coldplay bagged 3 Grammys, yet again I didnt mention anything about them in my blog.

So when I was made to confront Coldplay for their upcoming gig this 23rd Mar, Viva La Vida Tour, I knew I had to write something about them. First of all, I must say that the tickets are expensive. I really pondered whether should I be spending $251 for each tix. 2 tickets will set me back about more than $500. This I must admit is the most expensive tickets I ever bought. But in my mind, Coldplay joins the ranks of A class acts that I am willing to pay for as long as I can still afford it. If Green Day or U2 will make it here, I dont mind paying to catch them live as well. Again, as long as if I can still afford it.

Well, 4 hours into the ticket sale, alot of tickets are snapped up. Today when I went into Sistic again, all the tickets were soldout. Well who can say Coldplay is crap? Viva la Vida is one of the most brilliant albums to me.

I first caught Coldplay live when they had a joint gig with Travis few years back. Though I missed their concert when they were here in 2006. Back then, they only had one album, Parachute and 1 hit single that stucks like a leech in your mind, Yellow.

Its such an honour to have the guys back here again for a 3rd time. And for another soldout gig, this is just a testament of their following in this part of the world. The reds means all of the tickets are SOLDOUT.



.

No comments: