Monday, February 9, 2009

Malaysian Food





If you happen to be in Orchard, and you are in dire need to satisfy your crave for Malaysian food, look no further. There is this stall that I find pretty interesting located just on the ground floor of Cuppage Plaza.

They served nice curry chicken noodles, curry chicken with rice or bread, dry curry chicken noodles, Penang Asam Laksa and so on. They called it Ipoh Curry Chicken. I really have no idea if Ipoh Curry Chicken tastes any different from lets say Penang Curry Chicken or KL Curry Chicken.

I ordered the Ipoh Curry Chicken with bread. I must say that, it has been a pleasant experience to swallow down my throat considering the fact I am down with a flu and bad cough. If the taste of this curry is enough to convince me its good despite 2 of my senses are not working in perfect order, this curry has 2 thumbs up from me. Although a bit watery, I suspect it could be due to the fact, the dish is catered more towards the curry chicken noodles.

The Asam Laksa is also nice. A very nice departure from those fake knock offs you get at some stalls. Although the laksa in Penang is still the best, but nevertheless I believe this laksa does some justice. Although I sincerely believe its lacking in the "heh koh" (shrimp paste) and also fish smell. More of it would be perfect.

And for $4 for 1 meal, I think pricing wise, its okay considering the fact you're down at Orchard Road.




.

No comments: