Monday, February 16, 2009

Jap Food in Orchard





I used to have a good feel whenever I visit this small estabishment located just below Cuppage Plaza. In fact, it gives me an ura of feeling that I am slurping and munching away in a stall in Japan.

It has been about a year since I last visited this stall. As usual, whenever I dine here, it would be Chasyhu Ramen and fried rice for me.

The fried rice is still as good as I remembered it to be. Apart from the fragrant wok smell, the rice is not too dry or wet. The tiny bits of pork thrown into the rice just adds the zest of the food.

But boy oh boy, I was so so let down with the chasyhu ramen. The chasyhu was so thick and fatty that I could have cut the chasyhu myself at home. It used to be very thin slices. Its so thin that you can look through it. The soup is not too great either. Its a little too salty to my liking. I am not sure whether its really just my luck that the standard has dropped to this all time low? But I am willing to give this stall another visit in the near future for old time sakes.

P/S: The serve free ice cold water. So help yourself when you're there.
.

No comments: