Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dry Prawn Mee





About a year ago, the first thing I did when I moved into my existing rented flat was to find a good makan place where I can enjoy my breakfast over the weekend.

So me and Kim sort of stumbled upon this run down food centre at 5A Woodlands Centre Road. Malaysians and Singaporeans that drops by at Woodlands Checkpoint should be familiar of this place.

This stall serves one of the best dry prawn noodle in Singapore. What makes it so yummy is the sauce and the fine serving of fried shallots and noodles that comes along with. At a price of $2.50 a bowl, frankly its value for money. The portion is generous as well. When me and Kim tasted the dry prawn noodle, I told Kim that this meal reminds me of what I used to have back in my hometown. This is certainly made using Penang style in my opinion. And this stall will be famous one day. Mark my words.

So to my surpise last weekend, indeed the stall had made a name for itself. It was featured in Shin Min Daily. To those who yet to try this gem, do give this stall a visit. Be a believer and try the dry prawn noodle.
.

No comments: