Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rude Awakening - Nan Hua Chang Seafood Restaurant

We were back from KL. Tired and hungry. After a successful mission of Grab The Bride, we thought lets eat before heading home. We had 2 choices. Either sup tulang or Chinese food. We went for Chinese food. This is when the horror begins.

The restaurant is Nan Hua Chang Seafood Restaurant at Crawford Lane. We went into the air con area of the restaurant. We looked at the menu. Wow its in Chinese. Only one of us can read it. We asked for an English menu, the waitress said they dont have English menu. I suspect this lady is the boss of this restaurant.

Later on I saw her smoking outside of the restaurant.

Anyway no English menu, so its ok. We tried getting her to recommend us then some of her shop's finer dishes. She said No. You tell me what you want, we will cook for you. At that point in time, I felt like telling her, whip me up a sirloin steak medium rare please. Trust me her tone was harsh. I mean how will I know what you have? At least let us know what u have.

So we ordered individually what we wanted to eat. So my friend, ordered fish porridge. Two of my friends in fact. When the dish came, it was only soup and fish. Hey where is the rice? No rice in the porridge?

So I asked another waitress, presumably from China. She said the rice will come separately later. Be patient. Grumbled bout something. Again in a harsh tone.

Dissatisfied, my friend went out to look for another waitress. So she came and took away the non porridge dishes and subsequently changed it. First time in my life, someone prepared porridge without rice in it. Its like ordering a hamburger without the ham in it.

I have no complaints on the quality of the food basically. But they got much to improve on their customer service. And I wont be patronising this restaurant ever again if you ask me.

No comments: