Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Road Rage, a personal account

There are many things which I wanted to update my blog on. But I felt this piece of story should take precedence vs the rest.

It happened yesterday at around 10am plus at Penang Bridge. I was on my way to airport. Was talking to my Dad who was driving on what else, politics. As I was talking on how lousy Dr Koh's govt of handling Penang, I turned to my left and saw a driver in the car showing me the middle finger sign. I was stunned and suprised. What's wrong with him? At that juncture, I could feel my blood boiled to a level I have not felt for a long long time. Since the jam was pretty bad during that time, and the right lane we were taking was not as smooth as the left lane, the car managed to jumped ahead of us.

Still I was feeling really really pissed off, I hope and prayed my car can still catched up with him. My wish came true. At the turning into Coastal highway, the car bearing plate # PKF8278 was on sight. I asked my Dad to take over his car and I gave him a stare. Then this guy sped and tried to knock my car off the road. Just like in the movies. My Dad honked and we stopped by the road and he did the same. At this point, I felt an anger never felt before. I took out the stick from my car and shouted vulgarities at him. He did the same. I walked there and getting ready to hurl the stick at him, until an old man from the back of his car quickly came down of the car and held me back.My Mum also grabbed my shirt holding me back from going up front to whack this guy. So basically my Mum and his Dad pulled me back. I could feel that I was losing sense, my mind blank and all I could think of was hurting this guy.In his car, was his daughter maybe around Primary 1 or Primary 2 on the front seat and an old lady at the back seat. His Dad pleaded with me to go back into my car in which I refused. At that point my Dad was confronting him there face to face. The guy seeing this even had the audacity to say I was in the wrong carrying a stick wanting to whack him. Oh, he still has a sound mind to think that huh, I told myself. My girlfriend from inside of my car managed to pulled my stick back into the car from my hands. During that commotion, that guy's Dad was still pleading me to go back into my car. I shouted vulgarities at him still, challenging him to a fight. I asked him why you showed me the middle finger?

Guess what his answer was?

He said I used my hand to pushed up my spectacle frames. He took it as I was mocking him. I dont know what fuck this guy is? It was always been my habit to push my spectacles frame up. Anyway I dont give a fuck whatever his reason was. I shouted again at him and I attempted to go up front again to give him a beating. Again I was held back by his Dad putting both his arms on my shoulder. I told his his Dad to get him to apologize to me. He said I apologised on his behalf. I am sorry for my son's action. Then the old lady, presumably his Mum from the back of his car said please dont scare the kid. During all these, this guy still unrepentant. Still challenging me as well. Then during all that, a Chinese guy on motorcycle stopped by and asked us what happened and asked us to stop fighting. He made a remark. Why you Chinese fighting each other? Do you know that Chinese is already dying if we dont unite. That really snapped me up. Then I got my Dad to come back to the car and I told that guy, because of this politically correct statement, I am willing to let this go. Then my Dad ask the old guy, is this your son? My Dad said today my son didnt do something nasty to him, doesnt mean one day someone else wont take your son;s life away if he still carry on in this manner.

We each got back into our car and drove off. I could tell he wanted a piece of me still. And I really really wanted to beat him up to pulps too.

If my Mum and the old guy didnt pulled and held me back, I dont know what would have happened. Maybe I will be recording statement in a police station for endangering someone. Who knows? Its something I would leave it as a what if question.

My Mum told me I will be jailed if i killed or hurt someone then. During that, I really didnt care. All I thought was hurting him real bad.

No comments: