Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dark Horse


Yesterday I spent my night rocking away with Manics. But will blog about that tomorrow. Today I want to review Dark Horse, 6th studio release by Nickelback.

After their last release in 2005, All The Right Reasons which bagged a Grammy for Best Rock Album, I didnt thought Chad Kroeger and the crew can come up with something smart, classy, cheesy rock tunes which can float through the airwaves just like how Muhammad Ali will say it, fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee. And this album packs enough sting to make me say that this album certainly tops it all for 2008. What a way to end 2008.

Right from the 1st track, Something In Your Mouth which is slated to be the next single release after Gotta Be Somebody, there is never a dull moment with this album. Out of 11 tracks in this album, there are 2 powerful ballads that will be a perfect catch for pub singers. Never Gonna Be Alone and I'd Come For You. If I had to choose between this two, my vote will go to Never Gonna Be Alone. Burn It To The Ground opening guitar rift has a hint of nu metal before blasting off like an old school rock song.

Dark Horse is indeed a "dark horse" album as I had never imagined Nickelback to comeback with another succesful release after their last multi platinum album. There are more to say about this album, I suggest one gets a copy of the album and let the album speak for itself.




.

No comments: