Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Books


When MPH organises a warehouse sale, you can be sure that they will be throwing in alot of quality stuffs for us to cherry pick at an attractive price.

So last Friday after work, I made my way down to get some books. By the end of the visit, I didnt expect to be saddled with 10 books. Kim got 4 books on cooking and feng shui. As for me, I decided to call it a day and made my way to the cashier. Not before having to wait as there were about 50 people in front of me.

I decided to make an exit as I know the longer I hang around, 10 books will be a foregone conclusion, and the numbers will increase. Each book is priced at $8 except for Nelson Mandela, Long Walk To Freedom that was sold at $10.

I am mugging my way through God Is Not Great. One hell of a controversial book if you ask me in this part of the world. And trust me, just by seeing the title of the book alone, I had gotten a few curious stares from onlookers. To be fair to the author, he is not zooming in on any specific
monotheistic religions. Kim wanted me to cover the book so that overzealous fanatics wont come for me or blurring out the word, Not, so that its now re-titled as God Is Great. Well, I'll take that into consideration.

Anyway back to the books I bought, I can wait to finish this one, so that I can proceed to my next read.




.

No comments: