Friday, November 14, 2008

Carrot Cake and Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee












Its food review again. This time lets bring our attention to Blk 127 Toa Payoh Lorong 1 Food Centre.On 05-Oct, Straits Times did a comprehensive poll on "ST Readers' Choice Favourite Hawkers Poll". At No. 9 was Chey Sua Carrot Cake.

So whats my verdict on this? I think its just okay. For me to travel all the way to taste this carrot cake might not be worth my time and effort. However my colleagues find the carrot cake nice as the carrot cake is sliced into smaller pieces and this gives it a crisp feeling. And one more thing. They dont sell black sauce carrot cake, so sorry for those who likes black carrot cake.

Another food I tried is Hokkien Prawn Mee. Verdict is, its not that fantastic. I may be spoilt by Nam Sing Fried Hokkien Mee at Old Airport Road, seriously. Now everyime I taste hokkien fried prawn mee, I cant help but draw a comparison to Nam Sing's version.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hokkien prawn mee doesn't look that great from the picture.. Have you tried the one from Bedok Central hawker stall? Fried by an old lady..

Chee Yong said...

Yes u r right. Its not as great as they make out to be. I had never tried before the one you mentioned. But since you brought it up, will go visit this stall when I am in Bedok. Thanks for the info.