Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ThanYing


I remember I visited ThanYing when I started off my 1st job in Singapore. I was told that it serves great authentic Thai food. The restaurant then was in Clarke Quay. So it bagged some awards as well.

Ever since then, ThanYing had been a great place for me to go to whenever I have visitors from abroad. I thought what better way to dine then to go to ThanYing. And their dessert buffett is simply superb.

However last year when I tried finding the restaurant again, suprisingly its nowhere to be found. So I gave up, blaming it on my bad sense of direction. Until last Fri, only then I knew that they had closed down their outlet in Clark Quay. I was dining at their prime outlet in Amara Hotel. So the waitress told me proudly that she used to work there in Clarke Quay. I told her I had fond memories of the great food and ambience of their outlet there.

And I still remember my 1st sip of tomyam. Clear soup tomyam. See the picture. Yes, it doesnt look spicy but trust me, once you have that tomyam running down your throat, you will be on fire.

They have several other great dishes as well in which I wouldnt go into great length. But ThanYing to me has been one of the better restaurants I had dined before in Singapore.

No comments: