Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Old Airport Road Food

If you ever have any visitors that want to try out Singapore's best hawker food, its definately a no brainer to bring them to Old Airport Road Hawker Centre. There are simply so many top notch hawker delicacies, you wish you had an extra stomach to spare....hahahaha.

So when I was there recently for lunch, I knew that at most, I am only be able to take in 2 meals at most. So I gotta make my choice right. So this is what I decided last Friday.



I have been trying to eat this Hokkien Fried Prawn Mee on many occasions. Each time I came, the stall is either closed or they are done for the day. So this time I reckoned, I shouldnt be that unlucky again to miss it. So here I was behind a beeline. And more orders can be seen on the stall's little booklet. Verdict? The best fried prawn mee ever for me in Singapore. No other stalls I tasted before ever come close to Nam Sing. No wonder there are so many awards hanging around the stall. The vermicelli used is the super thin type and the noodles are soft and the killer blow of this dish is the gravy used. And the master wears a really big goggles to whip it up



Having Hua Kee wanton noodles reminds me of the days when I was back in Malaysia enjoying my bowl of wantan mee. No one in Singapore make it the way Malaysia does. The magic of this dish is the noodles used. The noodles is not soft but instead elastic. I love my noodles this way. And again the base of the wanton noodle and especially the char siew used is top notch if you ask me. Certainly this dish is made using Malaysia style rather than Singapore style. And thats why this stall is so famous and its evident with the many people like me coming back for more.

No comments: