Friday, May 30, 2008

Talk Talk Politik


When I joined this current company I am working now, little that I expect that I will meet a Singaporean who is very politically astute not only in Singapore history but also in Malaysia's political affairs. By now, this guy by the name of Mr Cheng would be at his new workplace.

When he was around here, we used to trade alot of opinions on current affairs especially on Malaysia's political developments. We will spar and trade exchanges on our point of views. His knowledge of Msian politics will put many Msians to shame as well.

So everytime when I dropped by at his office, he will ask me "so any latest updates?". Thats his standard catchphrase and then we'll start to trade opinions on the latest happenings or on the articles we read in Malaysia Today or MalaysiaKini. And both of us are great admirers of Raja Petra's writtings. And it helps as well that his Legal knowledge put many things in perspective.

Before he left, he did left me with an autobiography, Eating Salt. Must read ah, Cheng said. Very simple English and very interesting. Okay, I said. So I will make it a point to read this book, apart from the many books still in queqe in my list of read ups.

So all the best to my "political kopi talk" kaki in his new working environment.

P/S: Mr Cheng is standing beside me & we were having a sumptous Brazillian carnivore buffet.

No comments: