Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going Home - Food




Its always great to be back in my hometown. Was there for the Wesak Day holidays. Its even more enjoying that I can sample nice Malaysian food again. Who will ever think that this old run down shop can serve a tasty plate of char mee. If you happen to be in Penang, and around Green Lane area, you should try this delicious char mee. I had never tried this wet version of char mee before. Its so fragrant and delicious and unique, I will be back in Jul for more.



Another one of my favourites, and favourites of many is Penang Asam Laksa. I grew up eating Kelang Lama Laksa. So when they actually opened an outlet in BM, I was ectastic. Even Kim is a fan of laksa. That goes to show, laksa is also a favourite among Koreans. What makes this laksa unique apart from the gravy is that it comes with the cracker you see above. The cracker is special and trust me when I say that its highly unlikely one can find this cracker anywhere else. In fact after the meal, I bought 10 more crackers to bring home, with each cracker costing RM0.20.


Located at the same road stall, this beef keow teow is another one of my favourites. The meat is cooked to perfection, the lingering taste of the soup, and the extra soft and smooth keow teow makes its a pleasant experience when you gulp it all down the throat. Guarantee it will make you ask for more.



So everytime when I come back to my hometown, having this store's bak kut teh is a must. Absolutely a must. So far, we have brought many guests to this bak kut teh store located behind BM wet market, no one has denied the fact so far that the bak kut teh is super duper delicious. Even my ex boss, a Singaporean tasted this dish before and she still remembers the sweet taste of the soup. The ingredients are cooked to perfection. The soup is so tasty, that you will definately ask for more soup. Oh yeah, almost forgot....the chicken feet is tasty too.

No comments: