Monday, January 19, 2009

Singapore Bak Kut Teh





Based on reccomendations from Lost and Found, we were out again on the hunt for Singapore's quality hawker food. So this time we went for bak kut teh. The problem with bak kut teh is that I have had always set a high benchmark when it comes to this dish.

In fact, I have had always challenged myself to find a stall that can beat my favourite stall back in my hometown. Sad to say until today, I had yet to find a stall that can even come close.

Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh situated at 251 Geylang Road is the best you can get here in Singapore unless another stall here can prove me wrong. How good is it? Its good but no better than my hometown's herbal rich flavour taste and generous offerings of meat "spare parts" apart from the standard bak kut. Maybe I should echoed what Kim told me about this bak kut teh.

If you have not tasted my hometown bak kut teh, then one will feel this dish is heavenly. But if you had tasted the best, then this can only be the second best. The total dish set me back about $11 ($10 bak kut teh + $1 for 2 bowls of rice).

But so far this is one of the better bak kut teh stalls in Singapore. The meat is soft and sweet. The soup has a tinge of herbal flavour. This would be a good eye opener to visitors on what Singapore has to offer.


.

No comments: