Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Outram Park Roasted Meat


I am still salivating thinking of eating this dish. Yes, you heard me right. Located in Smith Street, Chinatown Complex, stall # 02-13/14, this stall serves one of the best roasted duck I had ever tasted. Do take note of the stall # because of the sheer size of Chinatown Complex, its tough navigating your way through finding a particular stall.

And how modest can this stall owner be? There were no signs whatsoever hanging on the walls of the stall though it was featured in Lost and Found. I dont see any Gurmit or Michelle pics or any certificates.

I ordered meal for 2 that consists of roasted pork and roasted duck which cost me $9.00. The roasted pork is very crispy. You can actually hear the crunching sound when you sink it in your teeth. As for the duck, the meat is juicy and the skin is roasted to perfection. Its abit salty, so tug it in with your white rice. And this meat certainly goes well as well with good old plain porridge. And the soup that comes along with it is very plain. And its sort of give you a hint that they know what they are doing. Rather than bombarding you with another salty meal, the soup is meant to complement the duck.

I will visit this stall again. And I dont mind ordering a whole duck ($30) if i have a house warming event to throw. And while we finished the food about slightly over noon, we see the crowd starts to build up. Lucky for us, we were there early.

.


.