Monday, January 5, 2009

Rojak








It was a nice Sat, and what better way to spend my Sat then to be on a foodie trail. This time, my journey took me all the way to Hougang Central. And the barrage of accolades in the form of certificates, pictures and newspaper cuttings certainly caught my attention.

Uncle Vegetarian Rojak. As I looked at the pictures, its indeed Uncle Rojak preparing the rojak and popiah himself. You cant miss him since he is wearing his trademark cap.

I must say that since this is vegetarian, the rojak paste definitely will not have any shrimps in it. This is main ingredient in a rojak gravy. And this is my second time taking on vegetarian rojak, in which my 1st experience was in Muar, Johor couple years back.

Verdict is that the rojak is okay for my tasting. The thing here is that, don’t expect it to be as superb as a normal rojak since Uncle Rojak is not using any shrimp paste I reckoned. What I like most here is the Popiah Rojak. Interesting. The popiah itself is soft and wet. It just melts in your mouth and its easy to swallow it down your throat.The bean sprout is fresh. I will go for the popiah again if given a chance.



.