Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Movies Again


So it was weekend at the movies again for me. Movies as in watching it at the comfort of my home. It was a wet gloomy weekend, so I thought what better way than to start of with watching Harold and Kumar 2: Escape from Guantanamo Bay.

How far can this movie challenge the censors. I would say very far indeed. Apart from depicting Kumar's deep fascination for cannabis, and making out with his ex girlfriend in a threesome act with Mr Cannabis himself, they even went as far as showing the private parts of a male and many other female extras in the movie. They really pushed the button this time. And this movie wont be complete without Neil Patrick Harris. Sorry for the spoliers but wait towards the end of the movie when the rolling of credits are all over. Neil isnt dead after all. So look out for him in the third installment. Yes, heard that there are plans to make movie No.3. Till then, I would have given the first installment the thumbs up compared to the sequel.

Next was The Happening. The movie clocks about just under 90 minutes, if I did get my time correct. So what can I say about M Night Shyamalan's latest fixture. I would say its between Lady In The Water and Sixth Sense. Its definately a better flick compared to the last release but pale in comparison to Sixth Sense. No shocking ending plot this time. Its not like this guy is producing any shocker endings lately. However the thought of plants attacking humans in The Happening is indeed scary. And for once I didnt see M Night Shyamalan appearing in a cameo role. Watchable movie at the comfort of your home.



.

No comments: