Thursday, September 11, 2008

All Hope Is Gone



I came to know from HMV that their load of shipment of the special edition of Slipknot's latest album All Hope Is Gone wont be making its way into our shores. I must take my hats of to HMV. When you give them a call, the staffs there do know their stuffs. I once called them up on Oasis Lord Dont Slow Me Down dvd. They know what I am talking about. They know why the DVD is late for release then. Try calling the other music stores in Singapore. They know nuts. You probably get half baked answers.

But I am not letting my hands off Slipknot, since they rank way up there on the top as one of my all time favourite bands, and we rocked and bonded when they were here in Fort Canning Park.

Yesterday finally I got my hands on their latest album, after weeks of waiting. Listened to the album at full blast while working my way through my mundane job this morning. Verdict, better than their previous releases but still nowhere near Iowa. If the song titles are of any indications of how this album feels like, Sulfur, Butcher's Hook or Psychosocial should be a good indicator of the strength and how brutal it may be. But still it doesnt beat the shit of a song with a title like People = Shit. So brutality level is mild compared to the old Slipknot, way before they change their masks.

The special limited edition comes with a DVD and 3 bonus tracks Child Of Burning Time, Vermillion Part 2 (Bloodstone Mix) and Till We Die.

I think I will lay off Ash for a while on my IPod and shift my attention to this maggots. Over to you Slipknot, maggots of Maggotdom.










No comments: