Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Setlist

In anticipation of the 2 gigs I be attending, Coldplay in Mar and Oasis in Apr, I had been stocking loads of songs into my IPod. Be it singles. live performances and B sides, its all there in my IPod.

Part of the excitement of attending a gig for me is the pre preparation. Yes I do prepare for every gigs I attend. I make sure I familiarize myself with their songs. When you have a group like Oasis with shitloads of B sides, you can be sure they will be out to suprise you with something you never see coming. On the other hand, you will be also waiting with anticipation, whats their setlist going to be?

I had been trying to figure out what Coldplay be playing. Best guess is always take other venue setlist as an indicator. Below is the setlist from their Australian tour. And from a glance, it looks almost similar to the one in Amstredam last year. It seems like they had 2 encores? I never had 2 encores before in any gig I attended. Hope I be 1st time lucky.

(February 27) in Perth
Life In Technicolor (from Viva La Vida, 2008)
Violet Hill (from Viva La Vida, 2008)
In My Place (from A Rush Of Blood To The Head, 2002)
Clocks (from A Rush Of Blood To The Head, 2002)
Yellow (from Parachutes, 2000)
Cemeteries Of London (from Viva La Vida, 2008)Chinese Sleep Chant (from Viva La Vida, 2008)
42 (from Viva La Vida, 2008)
Fix You (from X&Y, 2005)
Strawberry Swing (from Viva La Vida, 2008)
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (from A Rush Of Blood To The Head, 2002)
Talk (from X&Y, 2005)
The Hardest Part (from X&Y, 2005)
Postcards From Far Away (from Prospekt’s March, 2008)
Viva La Vida (from Viva La Vida, 2008)
Lost! (from Viva La Vida, 2008)
Speed Of Sound (from X&Y, 2005)
Green Eyes (from A Rush Of Blood To The Head, 2002)
Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic, sung by Will)
Viva La Vida (from Viva La Vida, 2008)

Politik (from A Rush Of Blood To The Head, 2002)
Lovers In Japan (from Viva La Vida, 2008)
Death And All His Friends (from Viva La Vida, 2008)

The Scientist (from A Rush Of Blood To The Head, 2002)
Life In Technicolor ii (from Prospekt’s March, 2008)
The Escapist (from Viva La Vida, 2008)



.

7 comments:

Korndamned said...

oi! wasn't you the one who said no need to prepare anything for the gig?

Chee Yong said...

Did I say that? Anyway mentally I prepare myself. Physically I don't hahahaha......you are missing out on cretin wacker Chris

Unknown said...

hey chee yong,
how are yo man,I would really like to thank you for regularly following up with my post thought at times it may be boring. To show my sign of appreciation, i have left something special in my blog. Go check it out.
Chee Hung

Korndamned said...

yes you said that you *^%$ during our 1st oasis gig in bangkok when you said no need to prepare yourself after that crap standing on giants album. haha

Chee Yong said...

Hi Chee Hung, thanks bro for your words of encouragement. Looks like you travelled to Bangkok. Next time, pay a visit to Siriraj Hospital.Its cool. Chee Nang told me bout it.

Chee Yong said...

Hey Chee Nang.....wah so long ago still remember what I said. I also remember what you said at Bangkok gig. You said you will run naked around the hotel if they did Slide Away.....hahahahahaha

Korndamned said...

i did go around naked. that was when you left bang-cock. hahaha