Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sarawak Laksa



In my previous posting, I said that I wanted to try Sarawak Laksa at the stall that sells kolo mee. So on Monday, finally got the chance to sample the dish. Despite the harsh weather with heavy rain, Sarawak Laksa die die must try.

At $4 per bowl, the serving is generous. The seller told me he gave us more bee hoon so that it can fill our stomach. This laksa is indeed different from Singapore or Penang version, but if I had to make a choice, its closer to the Singapore style. Because both version deploys coconut milk in the gravy. My Sarawakian colleague says, this is as close as you can get to the real thing. The soup is boiled using chicken and prawn shells.

In the laksa, you can find shredded chicken meat, prawns and a sprinkle of pepper mint leaves. For those who wants it spicy, help yourself to the belacan and lime.

Is it any good? I would say Sarawak Laksa is indeed a welcome addition to the laksa family. No harm if we have more choices to choose from.




.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Certainly one of many challenges which people starting a brand new on-line firm face is that of obtaining visitors to their net site.
Highly rated post. I learn one thing totally new on different blogs everyday. Deciding on one . stimulating to learn the paper content material from different writers and study a little bit something from their website. I’d like to apply certain of this content material on my blog you’re mind. Natually I’ll give a link right here we are at your web-site. Admire your sharing.
Now you have your new website online and also you’re keen to begin making some sales! However, how can you make gross sales for those who shouldn't have excessive volumes of visitors to your website?


Elavil without prescription | buy Elavil online without prescription