Wednesday, June 24, 2009

动力火车


I started to listen to 动力火车 when I was in my uni days back in 1996. I had a coursemate who is crazy as well about 动力火车 aka Power Station. He will lend me his collection of 动力火车 cds which I gladly accept. Since then, there was no turning back for me. Had been a fan then, and now still a fan. Artists come and go, but 动力火车 had always stayed true to their roots.

Recently got their new album Moving On - 动力火车. It was indeed nice after a 4 year hiatus for this band. And I gotta admit, its even sweeter than I got the album at 50% at Sembawang Music Centre, so ended up paying $12.50 nett.

Now Kim is also a fan of 动力火车. But I think I didn’t do anything much. I just played their songs from their CD and MTV on tv, and she instantly became a fan of the band as well. Unlike other sugar coated, pop manufactured bands, 动力火车 had always stayed true to their essence. No gimmick, no bullshit makeup make real kind of persona. What you see is what you get.

And trust me, in the entertainment industry today, its quite hard to find an artist that still stays true to who they are and what they represent.

As for me, its karaoke time when I get home, gonna arm myself with the hanyu pinyin lyrics and sing my heart out. Hopefully I am ready for a solo for the next karaoke session belting out 动力火车 songs.



.