Friday, May 29, 2009

Kok Kee Wanton Noodles



It was my first time at Lavender Food Square, not sure what to eat, I usually go for stalls that have a decent or long queqe. If it's a long queqe, it better be good. So the stall that caught my eye was Kok Kee Wanton Noodle. So first look for me was the price. I am kinda in a dilemma to choose between $3.50 or $4.50 serving. Looking at the other patrons in front of me having their $3.50 portion, I am dead set for the $4.50 portion.

Whats special? Its different from other wanton noodles. First of all, the auntie will pour the gravy (soup based) into the wanton noodle. Rather than being the conventional dark sauce wanton noodle, this one is more clear based. And boh oh boy, the gravy is nice. Plus with the chilli, and the spongy noodles, this wanton noodles pack a killer punch. But cant say the same for the char siew. Its just so so for me. The same goes for the soup that comes along. But don’t let that take away the fact that this wanton noodle is unique and nice.

And by the way, I think it’s expensive for a wanton noodle serving. But I think once in a while, I am allowed to spoil myself with something nice.


.