Monday, April 28, 2008

Duffy


Well tonight will be rocking to the sounds of Stereophonics. Will blog more about it tomorrow after the concert. However on Sunday, after lunch with my friend from Malaysia, went to HMV as usual to check out what latest offerings they have. Stumbled upon this new artist, Duffy. Frankly from afar, the album sleeve's singer name looks like Hillary Duff. So didnt bother to check it out.

But the music played on air was catchy and was quite unique. With a tinge of jazz and blues with pop, the songs really caught my attention. Little did I know, its from this album Rockferry - Duffy.

Before I went to bed, played it on my CD player. I think I dozed of at Track 4. Before anyone starts to say that this album sucks, on the contrary, this album is brilliant. For once, someone is singing something unique and different. No wonder, they called this new Welsh singer, the next BIG star. By the way, Rockferry hit the No.1 spot for 5 weeks in UK Album Charts.

So tonight it be on another Welsh act, Stereophonics. Fresh from their performance in Bangkok 100 Festival over the weekend, they will be rocking Fort Canning Park. By the way, will be donning a Korn t shirt tonight. Think its more approriate attire than what I wear in in the last MCR concert I attended, my working clothes....hahahaha...

No comments: