Monday, April 21, 2008

Chocolate

When I caught the trailer to this movie, I was left with my mouth open wide seeing the moves and hard knocks this young girl is taking while filming this movie.

Chocolate is the latest from director Prachya Pinkaew, the man at the helm of Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong/The Protector starring the inimitable Tony Jaa.

The movie stars Nicharee Vismistananda who has been training for years in preparation for this role. She plays an autistic girl who goes after gang members to collect debts to help her sick mother.

So I asked one of my Thai colleagues, has he caught this action movie? He told me yes and thumbs up to Nicharee. Yes, this is back to basics, where special effects are virtually non existent. This will be plain old skool slobberknocker. Put a few guys in a scene and it will be battle royale, kicks and punches flying everywhere.

So when this movie is released in Singapore next month, you can be sure I will be there to watch it.

No comments: