Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Fan


Today attended my friend's daughter's wedding lunch reception. Got myself a standing fan. Hahaha how does this all came about.

To my suprise, didnt know that nowadays, kenduri functions have teka teki (quiz) session in their itenary. A teka teki challenge was poised to the audience. Suprisingly many of them are not giving the right answers. After a short break having some karaoke enthusiasts belting out their songs, still no one managed to answer. MC was saying, okay seems like the crowd dont have the answer, we'll be taking the prize back to our office with a glee in his smile.
No way man. Me to the rescue. Being able to understand Bahasa Malaysia, I was able to provide the answer. Went on stage, gave the right answer and brought back a standing fan. I needed one anyway. The one in my room is giving out this loud noise as if I'm on a speedboat.

Got some congratulations cheers from the crowd for being able to answer and some of my ex Malay colleagues walked over and congratulated me. Well, the question wasnt that hard anyway.....guess I was plain lucky.....

No comments: