Monday, March 10, 2008

My Election Journey Part I










I was in the coach on my way back to vote with 2 of my friends. Thanks to Mas Selamat, we were caught in a massive traffic jam for 2 hours at Tuas checkpoint. But I believe thats a little price to pay to go back and fulfill our duties as good citizens of Malaysia.

Look at this picture of this worn off, torn flag flying at Butterworth Bus Terminal. This was the first sight that caught my attention when I reached Butterworth in the morning. Talk about billion dollars worth of project when the Gerakan govt is not even respectful of the Malaysia and Penang flag. Talk about patriotism.

When I reached home I was greeted with the PKR flag flying at the front gate of my house. Well it s my neighbour's flag anyway but I am gonna take half of the credit as its flown between my house and his.

Me and my family went to the polling center about 2pm. We stopped by at our uncle's home so that we call all go together to vote. I must say that this has been my 3rd time voting. After voting, it rained heavily.


I told myself that this is "suara keramat" from the skies. Little did I know, there was a political tsunami coming that evening that will sweep away all the evils and cancers in the country. For the 1st time in over 50 years, the weather and the political reality on the ground spoke in tandem. A storm/tsunami to blow the evils away.

To be continued.......











No comments: