Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Movies in Korea

Watched 10,000 BC in Korea. In a nutshell, it was an entertaining movie with a relatively unknown cast spearheading the movie. But if you ask me whether how true it depicted the Stone Age, on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a zero. Alas, the cinema I went to had superb seats. The seats are actually designed to fit the contour of your body. Plus it reclines to the back when you just slouched your body. The seat is wide, alot of leg space and the cinema hall is well insulated when it comes to the surround sound system. But its a bit pricey, as 1 movie ticket will cost you about 8000 won.


Before I went to Korea, I heard of this underdog movie that caught Korea by storm. So good that, Warner Bros decided to snap the rights for remake for this movie and the last I heard, Leonardo De Caprio is interested to collobarate with Martin Scorsese again after The Departed to redo this one Hollywood style. Lets see how will this turn out to be. Back to this serial killer flick, its loosely based on a true story of a serial killer in Korea. I caught this one at my girlfriend's father cinema. He is helping to manage the cinema. So it was free. Yes, best things in life are free.Dialogue was In Korean and no English subtitles. So I had only visual and very minimal intepretation to understand the movie. Despite this setbacks, I finally realised why this movie was such a big hit. Chaser is indeed one of the must watch movies for me. In the genre of Seven, the movie also brought forth how inept the police force can be and how different class of people are treated. Its an ugly truth but its the truth of the world we are living today. Again I must remind everyone, a must watch. And the killer according to my girlfriend's Dad is still doing time in prison.

No comments: