Thursday, July 19, 2007

MAS.......the airline I wouldnt choose

Frankly I am not too suprised of the many complaints MAS has been receiving of late. I was also made to go through MAS incompetency. And I have made it a point, everytime someone mentions about MAS, I'm for sure will relay what happened to me several years back. My friend and me booked this promotional ticket for our Chinese New Year holidays. To my horror MAS did not give me the other half of the ticket for my trip. I was so furious. So I called MAS up. I asked them if they can mail me the ticket. They said No. So I said fine. Instead can I pick up the ticket at the local office here in Singapore? Again No as this offer is only open for Malaysians only. Huh? Whats that gotta do with me picking it up here in Singapore for the mistake MAS made? So I said fine, i'll go down to your office in JB to pick the ticket. I specifically told them, to assign an officer to hand me the ticket when I'm there. I dont want to queqe or waste my time waiting. Someone there must know whats happening when I'm there on Sat.

So when I reached there, again to my horror none of the staffs there knew why I was there for! Can you imagine how mad I was? Here I am on a Sat morning in JB, paying the price of the mistake made by MAS and they cant provide me the missing ticket. They asked me to come back following week. What the F***!!! I asked to meet their supervisor. None is available since its a Sat. I told them I am not going to budge, until they give me my ticket. In the end after searching high and low, they found my ticket placed at the tray behind the counter seats.

I called up MAS to complaint the following week, no apologies or follow up was ever made. I made several more follow ups until I gave up.This shows how sub standard MAS customer service is. Not only that, it lacks credibility and confidence. Trust me. When it comes to MAS, I dont have any good things to say about it. Not now or for a long time to come.

MAS rules out sabotage
By B.K. SIDHU

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines has dismissed suggestions that staff sabotage was behind cases of its passengers being stranded at various airports it served.
Its managing director Datuk Idris Jala said the problems were caused by mechanical malfunctions and teething problems afflicting its new passenger services system.
“There is a lot of speculation on reasons that led to the flight delays. We can categorically say that in our findings, there is no evidence of sabotage by any of our staff,” he told a press conference here yesterday.
Reports have said that hundreds of passengers were stranded at airports in Kota Kina-balu, Dubai, Melbourne, London, Osaka, Japan, Nagoya and Kuala Lumpur earlier this month.
Passengers were often told that their flights had been overbooked.
There have also been reports of flights being delayed.
The problems come at a time when many of the 19,500 MAS employees are unhappy with the company and claimed that they have been unfairly assessed by appraisers under a move towards a performance-based remuneration structure.
Idris said 80% of the delays were airline-related while the remainder was caused by weather conditions, air traffic control and airport-related matters.
As for the airline-related delays, 56% were deemed to be caused by snowballing effect of the 10% engineering and mechanical problems while 8% was attributed to the passenger services system.
The rest was a result of delay in re-fuelling or handling.
”We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience caused as to us, safety is paramount,” Idris said.
On the performance-based remuneration system, Idris said most employees wanted the system.
Nevertheless, he said that a task force had been set upto resolve any dissatisfaction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.