Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bangkok Galore

Bangkok as usual doesnt fall short of expectation. With Bangkok on high alert when I was there, told myself must avoid Khao San and Sanam Luang. Khao San since its filled with foreigners and the best place for terrorist to nuke it. Or Sanam Luang since they are holding protest every night. But ended up near Sanam Luang anyway since the National Museum is there.

The only place worth talking about on my visit here is the Siriraj Medical Museum. Not many foreigners know of this place. Even if they know, think no one will be in their most wicked mind would want to go to a place so morbid. But its something which I find it hard to refuse. Its a must go for me. Its now or never. As you can see, i only took some pics of some skulls. There were hundreds of exhibits of deformed babies, dead bodies in tubes and jars. Beside it lay there were some toys and sweets. Think its better I respect the dead and refrain from taking any pictures. I dont want to be made into a movie one day, based on a true story if you know what I mean.

The exhibits are simply awesome as its raw. Located in 2 separate buildings, with one being just above the mortuary.I could see dead bodies in body bags. Saw some policewoman there too taking down notes. Asked me how I knew of the place. I simply said Internet. Then met a nurse who guided us there too. She too asked me how I knew of it. Internet. Spoke to the ticket counter person. Told her the same thing. Internet. Based on the gore level, its an exhibit not to be missed. Its a side of the world where you dont see too often.

No comments: