Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gado Gado





Last weekend I was back in my hometown. And you can be sure that anyone that comes within 50km radius will be flirting with the various nice delicacies up for offer.

This Gado Gado stall had been one of my favourite since I was still studying in secondary school. The funny thing about this stall is that, the couple who owns the stall do not have a fixed scheduele on when they are open for business.

Its no suprise that they dont open the stall for a stretch of few consecutive days or weeks. And then resume business, only for the stall to be closed again. Think I will have better luck predicting the weather than to predict whether the stall is open for business.However as of late, I believe they had discarded this old habit of theirs.

Their Mee Jawa and Gado Gado is so good that, it was even featured in a Chinese daily in Malaysia. I believe its like a recognition long overdue. I had found out about this gem long long time ago.

I wouldnt say this is the best Gado Gado or Mee Jawa in this part of the world, but I can certainly say that you will come back for more.


.

No comments: