Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Favourite Lor Mee


I used to stay near Yew Tee at Choa Chua Kang North before moving to Potong Pasir and now to Woodlands. The one thing I still miss about Choa Chua Kang North is the Lor Mee dish believe it or not. Tucked in a coffeeshop franchise just behind the petrol kiosk, lies my favourite Lor Mee.

If you happen to have breakfast, you cant miss it. You will see people forming a beeline waiting for their food. Fen Zhen Seafood and Yong Tau Foo is the name of the shop. But make no mistake, their signature dish is actually the Lor Mee. The crisp nuggets is so crunchy and yummy, you have some of the patrons ordering that as an additional side dish.In my opinion, what makes their Lor Mee dish so tasty is attributed to a couple of factors. Their not so thick gravy (just nice), their generous portion of garlic and vinegar and last but not least, the nuggets.

Since I am now back in Woodlands, I make it a point to travel to my favourite haunt for my fav Lor Mee. And do take note, the price has since increased for the regular bowl from $2.50 to $2.70.