Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thailand Part I - A Fire




In my biz trip, I usually will stay in one of the hotels in Rachadapisek Road. However that morning, when I was on my way out for a meeting with my client, noticed that there was much commotion on the street and a portion of the road was cordoned off by the police.

Only upon looking up the sky, realised that the building slightly burnt due to the fire. The building proximity to my hotel is quite near. Lets put the proximity as walking distance. We tried tuning in to the radio for more info, unfortunately news just ended. Too bad. However definately I was soundly asleep when it all happened. Yawn........talking bout sleep......think I need some now......

Anyway here is a clipping of news article that made it into the front page on 10th January edition of The Nation and some pictures taken using my handphone. From the picture, you can see the aftermath of the fire where a portion of the building was charred. The Nation described it as a Towering Inferno in its report.

No comments: