Monday, July 20, 2009

Noodle House Ken





On Sat, we headed down to try authentic Japanese food. Okay before I proceed any further, I must confess I am a self confessed idiot when it comes to Japanese food. If you ask me to verify authenticity of Penang Char Keow Teow, then ok-lah. But Japanese food, I gotta rely on Kim's taste bud to authenticate the food.

Our destination over the weekend was Noodle House Ken at 150 Orchard Rd, #01-17/18, Orchard Plaza. I had Chashyu Ramen while Kim had Shoyu Ramen. Think my food is priced at $12 and the final bill should have a 10% service charge but no GST.

Overall for the price we paid, I can say that there is absolutely nothing special about the food there. Kim is a tad dissapointed as well with the taste, citing that its not Japanese standard. The chasyu to me is a little dry and tough. I would have love if they cut some fatty parts and try to do something to the meat to soften it. As for the soup, its said that its simmered at least 8 hours. But then again, its not that sweet.

However, I do like their gyoza. Usually gyoza have problems of thick skins making eating it such a bore. But for this shop, the gyoza skin is razor thin. When I actually put it inside my mouth and my tongue was running through the skin, I can feel the razor thin skin and feel the fragant of the minced meat inside. So the gyoza was indeed an eye opener for me.

Overall, okay place to go if you wanna read some manga, and eat some Japanese food.


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try manpuku ramen at tamp 1...

Yoon Teik

Chee Yong said...

Wow gotta bring Kim there to try then.