Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why vote in 08-Mar?


It has been a while since I blogged. But today I decided to blog again due to a personal request. You know who you are :) A request to have me say my views on Msia coming General Election slated for 08-Mar.

If you ask me if I am a member of any political parties, my answer is No. But since young, my parents has taught me how to be an upright person and to hold steadfast the finer values in life. For that, I have been guided by their teaching and try to be a better person each day.

Come 08-Mar, I will make my way down back to vote in Bkt Mertajam from Spore. People has asked me why waste my time and money going back to vote. I might as well shake legs here on weekend and smell the air here. The answer is simple. I am a Malaysian. And this is my country. When duty calls, I will go back and cast my vote to the party I believe that holds the key to bring Malaysia back into the forefront again.

Sadly Malaysia today is saddled with problems such as sub standard education level be it from primary all the way to tertiary level. Just look at the university ranking and you will know. Look at Spore police new adverts on billboards. Low Crime Doesnt Mean No Crime. In Malaysia, Malaysian crime index has risen by a record 45 per cent between 2003 and 2007 with violent crimes increasing by 119 percent.

As a Malaysian, do you welcome remarks from BN leaders such as below?

“Universiti ini tempat Melayu.” (Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak, Umno AGM, 2004, in referring to UiTM)

“I will never allow non-bumiputeras to enter UiTM. I will ensure that the percentage of Malay students given places at public universities will always be higher than the percentage under the previous quota.” (former higher education minister Shafie Salleh, Umno AGM, 2004)

“Malaysia ini Negara Islam, you tak suka, you keluar dari Malaysia.” (Badruddin Amiruddin, MP Jerai)

I can name more racist remarks but I think it will just go on and on.

How about the famous VK Lingam scandal about judiciary fixing. Or how about mega bailouts of Port Klang Free Zone. Or how about the AG Report released last year that shows blatant corruption in many government agencies in procurement.

The list goes on forever. Barisan Nasional today is not the same as Parti Perikatan than won independence for our country in 1957. They have overstayed, and its time for us to make a change. I have faith in Malaysia progressing because we have what it takes.

Yes, other countries have overtaken us. But we can still win the race. For that we need a change. With this faith guiding me, I will come back and cast my vote. A vote for a better Malaysia.
To those fence sitters, please vote wisely. If you know things are rotten to the core, why still vote for the bad apple? Imagine watching a movie, and the scenes are played out about how corrupt and mismanaged things are. Will you still stand on the side of darkness or choose to make things right again? The choice lies in your hands.

No comments: