Friday, March 27, 2009

Penang Delights



If you're away from your home country, its absolutely natural for one to crave for one's hometown food. As for me, my eyes are always wide open for Penang food in Singapore. This stall Penang Delights touted themselves as Authentic Penang Hawker Food. I had actually frequented their stall before in Blk 117 Aljunied Ave 2. I believe this is their origianl stall and it seems like they had expanded since then to 51 Old Airport Road Food Centre and 300/302 Joo Chiat Road.

As far as I remember, their char keow teow was so so only. I am not sure whether is this really authentic penang style because they use the thinnest type of keow teow. Penangnite hawkers uses the medium size keow teow. I tried their Hokkien Prawn Mee today. It taste like Penang style, but something is lacking in it. I just cant figure out where. I guess it could probably be due to the soup. In Penang, once you slurp the soup, you can feel the rush of prawn juice all soaked up into the soup. The chilli used as well is more fragrant.

Overall I think the stall food taste can still be improved. But overall, its just so so for me.


.

No comments: