Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Whitley Road





Its back to Old Airport Road again to try whats heavenly good there. This time its Whitley Road Big Prawn Noodle stall. The name Whitley Rd might ring a bell to some since the infamous detention centre where Mas Selamat escaped from is situated there.

The queqe is short by Old Airport Road standard. So it was worth trying, so I ordered the dry bak kut noodle. Oh boy, was I in for a suprise. The wait was super long. Is it that hard to whip up a simple meal when all the ingredients are readily made? Its not like I am ordering something that they need to prepare from scratch.

As for the taste, yes the soup is good. But I wouldnt say its fantastic. As for the noodles, they put alot of dry chilli and mashed shrimps in it. So you really need to stir the noodle well so that the paste really reaches every nook and cranny of the noodles.

Overall, I wouldnt bother going to this store again since in Old Airport Road there are so many other stalls that I can choose from.







No comments: